Our Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention program incorporates a multi-dimensional, holistic and person-centered approach and methodology to restore health after a cardiac event.
Following our CR program, we ensure that as much normal physical and psychological function as possible is restored. We offer the necessary support for our clients to adapt to new lifestyle changes and strategies that will ultimately reduce their risk of a secondary event.
Clients can choose the duration of their program, which can be 8, 10 or 12 weeks.
After the first consultation, a comprehensive program is created for each client according to their needs, capabilities, and availabilities. This first consultation consist of:
- Advice about RB CR program
- Assessment and Individualised care plan: measurement of physical and psychological well-being
- Lifestyle risk factors management and lifestyle interventions
- Risk assessment and stratification
Aside from the regular cardiovascular and endurance sessions recommended per current guidelines, some of the key components are:
- Counselling / Coaching sessions for clinical anxiety, phobias, depression, low mood, lack of engagement in exercise routine, disconnection from self-care routines, lack of motivation, and other psychological needs that could potentially interfere in a full recovery, and ultimately affect the quality of life.
- Cognitive restructuring and communication skills are also offered.
- Supervised stress management sessions, relaxation techniques and mindfulness
- Long-term interventions and support addressing modifiable risk factors which impact their wellbeing.
- Rhythmia Breath uses evidence-based strategies to encourage self-management and adherence to the program.
Fundamentals in RhythmiaBreath Cardiac Rehabilitation program:
- Cardiovascular exercise, endurance and stamina-increasing exercises
- Stress management, relaxation techniques, Mindfulness and Meditation
- Nutritional Therapy
- Psychological support, Coaching sessions
- Yoga therapy for cardiovascular disease
- Home-based exercises
- Haemodynamics assessment
- Massage therapy (Optional)
- Offsite program (Optional) in one of our international locations