Our Lifestyle Modification Clinic is a one-consultation, 90 min appointment, dedicated to building an understanding of our patients’ cardiovascular risk factors. Patients will receive advice on how to incorporate cardioprotective lifestyle interventions to prevent the worsening of cardiovascular disease.
We have seen an increase in what are sometimes called “lifestyle diseases”; diseases that are associated with unhealthy behavioural patterns, such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and some cancers. Examples of unhealthy behaviours that are associated with chronic illnesses include overeating, not exercising regularly, inappropriate handling of stress, smoking, isolation, sense of self-worth, anger and hostility, and according to modern scientific
research in the area of mental health, inappropriate use of some platforms in social media
Prevention is key
To promote health, prevent diseases, and alleviate symptoms of existing conditions, individuals need to learn how to modify their lifelong patters. The consistent, integrated way of life of an individual – their lifestyle- is often described as a person’s lifelong patterns. Patterns are strong, developed over many years, and not easily modified. A comprehensive plan is needed to help individuals learn how to modify their habits.
- Risk Factors assessment: BMI, Waist-Hip ratio, Framingham score, Blood pressure, Heart rate, ECG (rhythm), Oxygen saturation
- Modifiable and non-modifiable cardiovascular risk factors
- Diet and Nutrition guidance
- Exercise prescription and heart health guidance
- Medication adherence
- Behavioural patterns
- Stress and anxiety comprehensive Questionnaire
- Mind-Body techniques to manage stress
- Breathing Exercises – HRV and Heart Coherence technique
People have different goals, needs, and preferences. What matters most is your overall way of living, eating, dealing with stress or levels of resilience, how much you enjoy your life and what you do.
- Even more than feeling healthy, most people want to in control of their health
- How you eat is as important as what you eat.
- We take into consideration the importance of addressing the deeper issues that underlie certain negative behaviours.
- We believe in the therapeutic and trustful relationship between our team and our patients.
- The heart of our practice resides in treating people with compassion, honesty and respect.